NEET National Eligibility cum Entrance Test
The Central Board Of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi conducts the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses under 15% merit positions in the medical/dental colleges of India as per the directives of the Hon'ble Supreme Court and will be governed by the rules and regulations specified for the same by the ministry of health and family welfare, government of India.
The responsibility of the CBSE is limited to the conduct of the entrance test, declaration of results and providing merit list to the directorate general of health services (DGHS), New Delhi and participating state governments /universities /institutions.
The counselling for successful candidates under 15% all India quota seats is conducted by the DGHS and the counselling for admission in seats under the control of other participating states/universities /institutions shall be conducted by their respective authorities.
Candidates seeking admission in AFMC for MBBS courses will register online through NEET and in addition to registering with NEET they will also have to register at www.afmc.nic.in. The links of the AFMC websites for registration & online application will be activated after CBSE allots Roll number to the candidates appearing in NEET.
Candidates seeking admission under state quota, central institutions, AFMC and other participating institutions etc are also advised to be i touch the concerned authority viz. Medical education directorate of the state /UT/institutions /universities /AFMC.
Tentative dates for NEET
- Last date for online submission of application form without late fee 2nd week of January
- Last date for online submission of application form with late fee 2nd week of February
- Last date for uploading of admit cards on website 1st week of April
- Date of entrance exam 1st week of may
- Announcement of results 1st week of June
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR NEET
- The candidates should be a Indian nation
- Minimum age of candidates should be 17 years at the time of admission
- The upper age limit is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of the entrance exam which shall be relaxed by a period of 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST/OBC category.
- He /she must be obtained a minimum of 50% marks for general category, 45% marks for general – PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH category in physics, chemistry, and biology /biotechnology taken together qualifying examination.
- No state eligibility criteria will be applicable for the students who take admission under 15% all India quota scheme. The candidate must passed in subjects of physics, chemistry, biology/biotechnology and English
SCHEDULE OF MEDICAL ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
|Name of Exam||No. of Seats||Month of Notifi cation||Tentative dates of Exam||Scheme of exams||Contact for enquiry|
NEET(National Eligibility cum Entrance Test )
|**15% all India quota seats for merit position in the Government medical / Dental colleges of India||November/ December||1st week of May||Physics ,chemistry ,botany ,zoology(45 MCQs)each. Total 180 questions. each question carries 4 marks. Max:marks:720;negativ e marks:1/4. Time:3hrs||The deputy secretary (examination) NEET unit , Shiksha Kendra, 2, community centre, preet vihar,delhi-92 www.aipmt.nic.in, www.cbse.nic .in|
AIIMS(All India Institute of medical science)
|**Approx 672 seats in all AIIMS in India||December / January||End of may/1st week of june||MCQs and A-R type questions on physics - 60, chemistry - 60, biology - 60 and general knowledge- 20. each carries one mark. Max. marks: 200, Negative marks: 1/3 Time: 3 1/2 hrs Online mode test||ASSISTANT CONTROLLER OF EXAMINATION Examination section, AIIMS, Ansari nagar, Delhi-110608. www.aiims.edu|
JIPMERJawaharlal nstitute Of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research)
|Approx. 15 seats for Puducherry- campus and 50 seats for karaikal campu||October /November||1st week of june||200 MCQs questions from physics-60, chemistry-60, biology-60, logic & quant reasoning-10 & English & comprehensive-10. Each questions having 1 mark.no nagitive marks Time:2 1/2 hrs Online mode test.||Assit.registrar Faculty of medical sciences, JIPMER, Hanvantry nagar, Pondicherry. www.jipmar,edu.in|
PATTERN OF NEET
- The NEET consist of one paper of physics, chemistry and biology (botany and zoology)
- The paper contains total 180 objectives type questions of 720 marks Every question has four options with single correct answer
- Incorrect answer/more than one answer will award 1/4 th negative marks Duration of the paper should be 3 hours from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Candidates can opt for questions paper either in English or in Hind
STATE - WISE MEDICAL COLLEGES & THEIR SEATS IN INDIA
|Government Colleges||Private Colleges|
|S. No.||State & Union Territories||No. of Colleges||No. of Seats||No. of Colleges||No. of Seats|
|10||Jammu and Kashmir||3||400||1||100|
|30||Andaman and Nicobar Islands||1||100||0||0|
|32||Dadra and Nagar Haveli||Nill||Nill||Nill||Nill|
|33||Daman and Diu||Nill||Nill||Nill||Nill|